Are you Interested in Joining the Datacon Team?
The Customer Support Technician answers questions guides Datacon clients while using Datacon dental practice management software via telephone and remote connectivity support.
If so, email your resume to: [email protected]
Here are the details on our current Part-Time openings:
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Answering client questions regarding use, functionality and methods of inputting and extracting data from the Datacon software.
- Testing Datacon software prior to version releases.
- Supporting in-house staff in troubleshooting challenging requests.
- Assisting in documenting additions, enhancements and revisions to the Datacon software.
- Assist in updating client software version, as releases are available.
- Training clients via remote sessions on using the Datacon software.
- Promote upbeat, helpful environment within the workforce.
- Consistently provide professional, courteous support to the clients of Datacon.
- Using the power of logic, provide minor technical assistance with computers, networks, and peripheral devices.
- Prep for and attend annual trade show in San Francisco each Fall.
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Answering the incoming telephone calls from our client base. Using the support call queue to track, prioritize and respond to client questions. This responsibility is the main function of the Customer Support Technician and encompasses the bulk of the time while on the job.
- Utilizing an in-house system, test for functionality, ease of use, software bugs and client requests of all Datacon software prior to release to the general users. This is accomplished via a “play” system where the technician sets up his/her own “patients” to test various functions.
- Assist co-workers in resolving Datacon software requests, computer networking issues and minor hardware malfunctions.
- Assist clients in software adjustments during dental practice ownership and staff changes.
- Update documentation to reflect changes and enhancements to Datacon software.
- Guide clients through the process of updating their software via remote connectivity, troubleshooting user errors.
- Training clients, either on-site in our Santa Rosa facility or via remote connectivity. Training sessions typically last from ¾ hour to 3 hours. Training is provided to new clients, new staff members and seasoned staff members who want to enhance their knowledge of software functionality or new features offered.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Dental office experience.
- Dental billing procedures
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software (Excel)
- Some knowledge of computer networking
- Ability to multi-task
- A logical thought process
- Happy disposition, excellent telephone and communication skills
- An open mind to be used towards problem resolution and client care
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience in the dental office
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at the desk in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
- The use of a telephone headset is mandatory.
- Voice control is mandatory as the support team shares a common room.
- Datacon is an informal company. Our dress code is business casual to casual.
- General safety rules will be followed.
- Work hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with a one hour lunch break. Earlier hours may be negotiable.
- Part-time (job sharing) is optional.